Ever wonder what that elective course with the long name will cover? Want to know how a course is aligned with your career goals? Curious to learn about services offered by student affairs and other offices at the school? Stumped by registration?
Laura E. Liang, associate dean for academic affairs, has launched the Academic Matters podcast to help address these and other student questions (as well help everyone learn more about the school)!
The podcast highlights teaching and research happenings at the Rutgers School of Public Health, where listeners can hear from faculty and staff as they discuss what inspires them and how they approach their work.
Season 1 episodes include:
- Adult Psychopathology for Public Health with Joye Anestis, associate professor in the Department of Health Behavior, Society and Policy
- Applied Practice Experience with Sarah Kelly, program director, Office of Community Engagement and Public Health Practice
- Social Epidemiology with Henry Raymond, associate professor in the Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology
- Community-Engaged Methods in Public Health and Community Engagement and Public Health Practice with Rafael Pérez-Figueroa, associate dean for community engagement and public health practice and associate professor in the Department of Urban-Global Public Health
- Registration and Enrollment Services with Kristal Calloway and Yasmin Gonzales from the Office of the Registrar
- Occupational Safety and Workplace Risk Mitigation with Koshy Koshy, assistant professor in the Department of Environmental and Occupational Health and Justice
- Long-Term Effects of Childhood Inequality and Early Life Adversity with Mark McGovern, assistant professor in the Department of Health Behavior, Society and Policy
- Industrial Site Visits and Center for Public Health Workforce Development with Mitchel Rosen, associate professor in the Department of Urban-Global Public Health and director of the Center for Public Health Workforce Development
- Environmental and Occupational Epidemiology with Zorimar Rivera-Núñez, assistant professor in the Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology
- Academic Advising and Student Support with Mitchell Marcus, from the Office of Student Services and Alumni Affairs
- Dissemination and Implementation Research for Health Promotion with Chongyi Wei, associate professor in the Department of Health Behavior, Society and Policy
- LGBTQ Health and Health Disparities with Kristen Krause, instructor in the Department of Urban-Global Public Health
- Career Advising and Services with Claire Brown, assistant director of student support services