Accelerated Bachelors/Master of Public Health (MPH) Degrees
About the Accelerated Bachelors/MPH Degrees
The Rutgers School of Public Health offers highly-qualified undergraduate students the opportunity to begin graduate study during their undergraduate years, thereby accelerating the MPH degree by requiring approximately 3-5 additional semesters beyond the Bachelors degree. This is not a concurrent degree program. Students earn their Bachelors degree first and then the MPH.
This program is offered in partnership with the following institutions:
- Rutgers University - New Brunswick
- Rutgers University - Newark
- Rutgers University - Camden
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
Contact the Office for Admissions and Recruitment to determine individual eligibility.
New Brunswick and Newark
The Accelerated Bachelors/MPH is open to all undergraduate majors attending Rutgers University - New Brunswick, Rutgers University - Newark, Rutgers University - Camden, and New Jersey Institute of Technology. Contact the Office for Admissions and Recruitment to determine individual eligibility.
Interested undergraduates must be approved by their undergraduate school before applying. Once approved, they must apply to the Rutgers School of Public Health between successful completion of 60 credits and before completion of 105 credits. Students will not be formally accepted into the Accelerated Bachelors/MPH program before they have completed 60 credits.
- Contact the Office for Admissions and Recruitment to determine individual eligibility
- Online application through the Rutgers Application Portal
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- Statement of goals, one-to-three pages in length, which addresses:
- Interest in the program
- Preparedness for the program
- Goals and aspirations
- Two letters of recommendation with at least one letter from an academic reference if you are currently enrolled in a degree program or have graduated within the last four years
- Resume or CV
- TOEFL or IELTS score for applicants educated in a non-native English-speaking country
Applications are accepted on a rolling, space-available basis following the regular deadline.
The MPH degree program requires 45 credit hours, comprising 18 credits of core courses, 15-18 credits of required concentration courses, 6-9 credits of electives, 3 credits of Practicum Capstone, an Applied Practice Experience (0 credits) and an Interprofessional Education Experience (0 credits).
The Accelerated Bachelors/MPH allows students to take up to 18 graduate credits of MPH courses at the Rutgers School of Public Health. These graduate credits MAY apply to both the undergraduate degree and the MPH degree, giving students advanced standing in the Rutgers School of Public Health once students matriculate at the Rutgers School of Public Health.
Graduate credits earned as an undergraduate through the Accelerated Bachelors/MPH program degree program at the Rutgers School of Public Health cannot be transferred to other graduate programs.