Competencies for the
PhD in Health Education & Behavioral Science
Each Department identifies competencies for each degree offered. These competencies reflect the full range of knowledge, skills, and other attributes that a student will acquire as a result of completing the requirements for a particular degree.
Upon graduation, a student completing the PhD curriculum in Health Education & Behavioral Science will be able to:
- Design and conduct reseach investigations related to health behavior;
- Demonstrate proficiency in the application of univariate and multi-variate analytic techniques;
- Demonstrate ability to critically analyze and interpret the scientific literature;
- Establish a program of focused research; and
- Demonstrate proficiency in behavioral/environmental models of behavior change.