As part of the degree requirements for the MPH degree program at the Rutgers School of Public Health, students must complete public health core coursework in the areas of biostatistics, epidemiology, environmental health sciences, health services administration, and social and behavioral sciences. Students take five public health core courses (15 credits) to build their understanding and skills in the essential public health principles.
Public Health Core Courses (15 credits)
- PHCO 0501 - Health Systems and Policy
- PHCO 0502 - Principles and Methods of Epidemiology (Prerequisite: Quantitative Skills Assessment)
- PHCO 0503 - Introduction to Environmental Health
- PHCO 0504 - Introduction to Biostatistics (Prerequisite: Quantitative Skills Assessment)
- PHCO 0505 - Health Education and Behavioral Science in Public Health